SeaWorld and Aquatica Orlando today kicked off a joint “Best Year Ever” promoting a bustle of activity taking place at both parks over the next few months and throughout 2019. Today’s grand opening of SeaWorld’s record-breaking thrill ride Infinity Falls served as the start of a year filled with an unprecedented number of new and expanded experiences at the parks.
Among the reasons to visit, SeaWorld introduced new rides coming to the Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando attraction and a new Aquatica water slide, as well as a packed event line-up. More details about each of the newly unveiled attractions will be shared in the coming months.
SeaWorld Orlando President Mark Pauls said: “Today is the beginning of an incredible and action-packed year ahead. We are bringing our guests more events, more rides, more thrills, and more value than ever before.”
Earlier this year, SeaWorld announced the news that Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is coming in spring 2019. Guests will be able to take a walk down Sesame Street for the very first time, connecting families to all of the fun, laughter and learning of the world-famous street. In addition to a daily parade, play areas and opportunities to mingle with Sesame Street characters, SeaWorld announced today that this area will feature six colourful, themed rides, including Elmo’s Choo Choo Train, Cookie Drop, Abby’s Flower Tower, Super Grover’s Box Car Derby, Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl and Slimey’s Slider.
· ABBY’S FLOWER TOWER – Pick a flower pot and up, up, up you go! Spin around high above the ground while you get a magical view of Sesame Street at SeaWorld.
· SLIMEY’S SLIDER – Slide and glide as you rock and whirl through Oscar’s treasured compost collection for a grouchy good time.
· SUPER GROVER’S BOX CAR DERBY – Get ready… get set… Super Grover’s great box car race is about to begin! This family-friendly coaster is full of fun hills, big turns and mini-dives. It’s the perfect first steel rollercoaster for kids and adults.
· COOKIE DROP – Cookie Monster dropped his cookies! Laugh your way up and down on this crumbly, crazy, family-friendly vertical drop ride.
· ELMO’S CHOO CHOO TRAIN – All Aboard! Help Elmo find some of his favourite things in nature during this bell-ringing, horn-honking train ride.
- BIG BIRD’S TWIRL ‘N’ WHIRL – There’s no napping in these nests. Get ready to twirl and whirl in your very own nest on this family favorite tea cup ride with Big Bird.
In 2019, Aquatica will become the most thrilling waterpark in Florida with the opening of new thrill slide: KareKare Curl. Holding two passengers per raft, this new slide delivers a high-adrenaline, weightless adventure. The addition of KareKare Curl will make Aquatica Orlando the thrill leader among Florida waterparks, with more high-thrill rides than any other.
Aquatica celebrated its 10th anniversary this year and was named the USA’s top waterpark in a nationwide poll. Ray Rush, the park’s newest attraction, was recently named the world’s best new water ride.
SeaWorld’s event line-up is kicking it up a notch with events on the schedule every weekend from now to the end of 2019. All the guest favourites are returning, with even more dates, more food, more beer and more concerts.