Orlando, our home town and the undisputed Theme Park Capital of the World continues to embrace new and returning guests in 2024 with LOTS of new experiences. O-town according to Visit Orlando ” is brimming with new possibilities for dream vacations, from movie-inspired attractions and a launch coaster with snowmobile-style cars to a cabaret-style music venue tucked inside a stunning performing arts center and Evermore a luxury beach-like resort with an 8-acre crystal lagoon.
THEME PARK ATTRACTIONS
- Journey of Water, inspired by Moana opened in October at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort. Through a self-guided exploration trail, guests are fully immersed in the animated film while playing, dancing and interacting with water that travels through its lifecycle, from rain falling to vapor rising to the clouds.
- The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure, a fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Little Mermaid,” will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ newly refreshed Animation Courtyard theater in the fall.
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure replaces Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park in late 2024. Guests will explore a musical adventure inspired by the fan-favorite film showcasing the beloved characters as they are brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.
- DreamWorks Land will debut at Universal Studios Florida in late 2024. Guests will be able to interact with their favorite DreamWorks Animations’ characters in themed, interactive play spaces and attractions that bring characters from popular movies like “Shrek,” “Trolls” and “Kung Fu Panda” to life.
- Aquatica Orlando will introduce Tassie’s Underwater Twist, a new waterslide that will transform the guest ride experience into an awe-inspiring journey through Australia’s Shark Bay seagrass meadow in spring.
- SeaWorld Orlando will debut Penguin Trek, an immersive indoor/outdoor launch coaster families can ride together this spring. Guests (including children who meet the height requirement) will ride snowmobile-inspired cars going at a maximum capacity of 43 mph, ending up in the park’s penguin habitat.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort will debut LEGO Ferrari Build & Race this spring, offering guests the experience of viewing a life-sized LEGO Ferrari car, and building and testing it in one of three obstacle-laden test tracks. Younger drivers can enjoy the LEGO DUPLO Build Zone to design their own custom creations with larger bricks.
VENUE EXPANSIONS AND OPENINGS
- Judson’s Live debuts on Feb. 6, bringing a low-key, 150-seat, cabaret-style music space with unparalleled sound to the spectacular Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Guests will discover new music with scheduled 50-minute performances while enjoying specialty cocktails and a seasonal scratch-kitchen menu of shareable bites.
- AREA15 Orlando, the second location of Las Vegas’ highly themed entertainment district, is coming to the heart of Orlando’s tourism corridor. AREA15 will offer guests a robust, ever-changing roster of concert events, art exhibitions, nightlife and boundary-pushing shows, featuring an impressive indoor/outdoor event space.
- Orlando Science Center opens its newest exhibit, “Life,” this spring. Featuring three distinctive habitats – swamp, ocean and tropical rainforest – with 300 animals from around the world, the new exhibit explores the impact of humans on the environment and is designed to amaze, entertain and educate. “
- Stay tuned for more exciting announcements later this month!