In the spirit of the season, CoolCraft Christmas is partnering with the Athens Theatre in DeLand and inviting guests to West Volusia to attend a showing of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas” from November 25, 2023, to December 17, 2023. Before or after each show, visit participating “CoolCrafters” and try one of their “White Christmas” inspired drinks.
Here’s how it works: pick up a CoolCraft Christmas card at the Athens Theatre, one of the CoolCraft locations or at the West Volusia Visitor Center and bring the card to any of the participating “CoolCrafters” listed within. After you purchase one of the CoolCraft Christmas beverages, have the “CoolCrafter” sign the card. Once you get five or more signatures, bring your card to the West Volusia Welcome Center or the Athens Theatre for a free Christmas ornament.
“Everyone loves our CoolCraft Trail, especially the holiday-themed drinks and ornaments,” said Georgia Turner, Executive Director of the West Volusia Tourism Advertising Authority. “This year we are so excited to be partnering with the Athens Theatre to bring even more spirit to CoolCraft Christmas and experience ‘White Christmas.’”
This season’s CoolCraft Christmas beverages include:
• The Athens Theatre’s “Fiore di Ibisco,” a drink that pays homage to the hibiscus flower with dried hibiscus blossom, steeped in syrup, waiting at the bottom of a champagne glass, topped with Prosecco
• Central 28 Brewing’s “My Favorite Things,” toasts the holidays with a heartwarming Belgian-style Dubbel with malt-forward, amber ale and notes of caramel and raisin sweetened with the cheer of Belgian candy sugar
• Trilogy Coffee Roasting Co.’s “Peppermint Mocha,” a cozy concoction featuring a harmonious blend of house-made chocolate syrup, sweetened with turbinado sugar and Hershey’s cocoa powder with a refreshing peppermint finish
• The Lounge at the Artisan Hotel Downtown’s “Mistletoe Mojito,” a tropical favorite of rum, mint and lime with a creamy touch of coconut, or get the same yuletide flavors with a non-alcoholic version
• Sidecar Market’s “Spiced Pear Sangria Slush,” a refreshing slush blending the sweet and subtle flavors of pear with warm spice all mixed in a sangria
• Wander Bar Cocktail Lounge’s “You’re a Mean One,” a dessert cocktail blending peppermint, pineapple and coconut with a hint of matcha and a dash of firewater tincture
• Pat and Toni’s Sweet Things’ “Peppermint Espresso Milkshake,” a frosty holiday dream blending peppermint with chocolate espresso topped with a cloud of whipped cream and sprinkled with peppermint crunch
• Whit’s Frozen Custard’s “Whit’s Frozen Hot Chocolate,” a beloved winter drink turned into a frosty delight complete with a sprinkle of mini marshmallows and a dash of crushed candy cane
• Trilogy Kitchen’s “White Mocha,” a twist on a classic with house-made vegan white mocha syrup added to any coffee selection
• Blue Springs Brewing & Riverwalk Pizzeria’s “Gingerbread Cookie Cream Ale,” a festive pint infused with the warm spices of ginger and cinnamon, enriched with molasses and brown sugar
• Abbey Bar’s “Abbey Holiday Sangria,” a spirited Red Sangria concocted with white wine grapes, a mix of cranberries, a zest of orange and a dash of cinnamon
• NEST’s “White Christmas Sangria,” a festive twist on tradition with a blend of undisclosed delights and a visible chorus of orange, apple, pear and pineapple notes
• The Elusive Grape’s “White Christmas Spritzer,” a blend of crisp Prosecco and spiced notes of Cardamaro, this sparkling concoction captures the essence of the season
• DeLand Cocktail Company’s “Nice List,” a versatile delight served either hot or cold with chocolate mixed with Turnbull Bay’s naturally spiced rum and topped with hand-whipped cream
• The Blind Pig’s “Christmas Hot Chocolate Pudding Shots,” features rich chocolate pudding spiked with peppermint, wine-based vodka liqueur and topped with whipped cream and candy cane pieces
• Centro Tea Co. & Plant-Based Kitchen’s “Egg Nog Chai,” a festive blend of in-house, organic spicy masala chai with creamy almond milk egg nog available either iced or hot
• Persimmon Hollow’s “Peppermint Three Wise Guys,” a holiday twist on a classic coffee porter, infused with candy cane simple syrup for a festive flair
• Frederick’s Wine Room’s “Winter Christmas Signature Drink,” a signature sweet, mulled wine with a rich blend of aromatic spices and luscious Dornfelder grapes and the enchanting flavors of anise, clove and cinnamon stick to help lift your spirits
Want more holiday fun? No trip to West Volusia is complete without a visit to the Stetson Mansion. The Christmas Mansion, as it’s known, is holding its “Christmas Spectacular” Holiday Home Tours now through January 20, 2024.
For more on the CoolCraft Christmas beverages and to start planning your holidays, visit coolcrafttrail.com/christmas.
About West Volusia County
Conveniently located between Orlando and Daytona Beach, West Volusia County, Florida, visitors can enjoy parks, pristine natural beauty, historical homes like Stetson Mansion, a vibrant downtown, and award-winning restaurants within 14 distinct communities. Visitors can also enjoy Downtown DeLand – voted America’s BEST Mainstreet – and its many delectable restaurants, or for a bit more adventure, head out on the St. Johns River or explore the Blue Spring State Park. These are just a few of the many natural, cultural, and historical area attractions you will find when visiting West Volusia County.