Fall in West Volusia means festivals galore, each offering a unique celebration of the region’s culture, history, and bountiful harvest. From pumpkin pies to the beats of live music, there’s an undeniable magic in the air. Whether you’re a longtime local or a visiting enthusiast, get ready to be swept up in the tapestry of autumnal celebrations that only West Volusia can offer.
While Barberville Pioneer Settlement is renowned for its historical reenactments and dedication to portraying pioneers living in early Florida, they certainly know how to put on a show! On October 7, the settlement will buzz with live music emanating from 19 historical porches during “Playing on the Porches – A Celebration of Halloween Traditions.” Festivities during this Family-friendly event include musical performances, trick-or-treating, spooky tractor rides, arts and crafts vendors, and various family activities. Later, in November, brace yourself for the Jamboree! The two-day, 47th Annual Fall Country Jamboree begins on November 4th, showcasing the rich history and folk culture of Florida. Immerse yourself in the world of historical demonstrators, re-enactors, artisans, and tradespeople. Enjoy captivating performances by Florida musicians, partake in hands-on children’s activities, and indulge in the savory flavors of Florida Cracker-style food.
The allure of Old Florida from Barberville is not exclusive to just that locale. Further north in Pierson, FL, the rustic, white-barn event venue, Legacy at Oak Meadows, will be hosting Legacy’s Fall Harvest Fest on October 21. Stroll through the vendor market, savor delicacies from various food trucks, and delight in their animal petting zone. There, you can mingle with miniature donkeys, goats, and more. If you’re inclined to fish, bring your pole and bait for some catch & release fun. Wander through their sunflower fields, picking bouquets to take home, and enjoy a hayride that takes you past Texas Longhorns and offers a scenic view of the farm.
If you like your festivals a little more corny, then go get lost at the 7th Annual Harvest Fields Corn Maze from October 7 through 29. The Annual Corn Maze in October is a family fun-filled day from finding your way through our largest corn maze in Central Florida, to enjoying all the extra fun activities on the 100-acre farm, including the pumpkin patch, giant hay fort, corn cannon, round bale racers, duck races, corn hole, corn box, post pounder, and mini hay maze. This agritourism event is situated on a daily working farm where Harvest Fields currently farms hay, cattle, and sod.
Perhaps the biggest Fall Event in West Volusia is the Fall Festival of the Arts – DeLand. On November 18 and 19, Downtown DeLand becomes a creative hub for the Fall Festival, which unites established and new artists, and showcases imaginative artistry. Explore outstanding juried artwork, interact with creators, and enjoy live performances amidst DeLand’s lively artistic community. The event, family-friendly, includes activities to inspire young minds with live entertainment, local cuisine at restaurants, pubs, and wine bars, and above all, the art.
Those aren’t the only Fall Festivals going on in West Volusia, though. Here are some other highlights to look forward to:
- Shop and discover unique finds at the seasonal DeLand Indie Market – Fall Edition in DeLand’s Artisan Alley on October 8.
- Visit the Fall Harvest Vendor Market in Artisan Alley in Downtown DeLand on Saturday, October 14 for Vendors, makers, food, giveaways, and more, all in one place.
- Join Crustini’s Pizza and Cuisine for the First Annual Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat in Deltona on October 21: Featuring a live DJ, dancing, karaoke, face painting, photo booth, vendors, and more!
- Get your reading at the Fall Fest at Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp on October 27, 28 and 29.
- Bring out the family for a Spooktacular Fall Family Fun Day at Earl Brown Park on October 28.
- Orange City’s streets come alive with Goblins and Ghouls during the Halloween Block Party at Mill Lake Park on October 28.
- The Enterprise Trunk or Treat on October 29 promises delightful scares and plenty of candy with the Historic Enterprise Museum as a backdrop.
- Join the DeLeon Springs Community Association’s ‘Autumn in the Oaks Festival’ on November 4, featuring live rock, country, and bluegrass music, a free kid zone, arts and crafts sale, food trucks, and local vendors showcasing crafted honey, jams, soaps, lotions, native plants and more.
- The Enterprise Farmer’s Market returns on October 1 and November 1 at the Enterprise Museum in the Historic community of Enterprise.
With vibrant events painting the landscape, it’s undeniable that West Volusia is the destination of choice this Fall! Whether you’re seeking the embrace of a gentle autumn breeze, the nostalgia of harvest festivals, or simply the charm of a community coming together, West Volusia has it all.
More information on West Volusia County can be picked up in the Visitor Center located at 116 W. New York Avenue in Downtown DeLand, FL, or can be found online at www.visitwestvolusia.com. Please call 386-734-0162 for more information.