Orlando Attractions Update – A special celebration has marked the opening of Legoland Florida Resort’s newest expansion, Lego Friends Heartlake City.
The theme park’s new area is based on the popular Lego Friends product line and is closely modeled after the five Lego Friends characters: Olivia, Stephanie, Emma, Mia and Andrea. Heartlake City features several signature elements, including:
• Mia’s Riding Adventure is a brand new ride themed around Mia’s love of horses. This attraction seats up to 40 passengers on a circular platform with outward-facing horse shaped seats. The disk spins in circles while traveling forward and backward on a wide U-shaped track.
• Friends to the Rescue is a new musical show starring the Lego Friends as they work together at Heartlake Hall to ensure the concert goes off without a hitch.
• Stephanie’s Newsroom is a photo opportunity that gives guests the chance to show off their camera-ready skills, as they take over for Stephanie at the Heartlake News Desk.
• Heartlake Stepping Tones Fountain is a heart-shaped fountain filled with Lego brick instruments that play real music triggered by interactive icons.
• Heartlake Mall features several retail areas offering a variety of Lego products including the Lego Friends toy line.
“Heartlake City offers an interactive Lego Friends experience for guests of all ages. Mia’s Riding Adventure is a daring new attraction, that we feel is the perfect addition to expand our park offering,” said Adrian Jones, general manager, Legoland Florida Resort. “Heartlake City, when combined with a stay in a Lego Friends themed room or suite, will allow guests to further immerse themselves in the world of Lego Friends.” Legoland Florida Resort offers the only Lego Friends themed guest rooms in the U.S., and the only Lego Friends themed suite in the world.