The thrill of watching fireworks at Orlando’s iconic theme parks, attractions, and beyond will return this summer, illuminating the night sky just in time for the area’s grand Fourth of July celebrations.
Orlando visitors have an array of options to choose from to enjoy year-round fireworks throughout Central Florida, from family fun at the theme parks to a romantic dinner overlooking the displays.
While the Theme Park Capital of the World celebrates the return of Walt Disney World fireworks on July 1, there are other opportunities to enjoy sights of these nighttime illuminations while toasting over a delicious evening dinner.
- NEW! illume: Situated on the 9th floor of the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa, this meticulously designed rooftop restaurant – newly opened this spring – serves contemporary Japanese cuisine and inspired cocktails with impressive panoramic views of the Bonnet Creek Preserve and nightly theme park displays.
- Capa: This 17th-floor rooftop steakhouse and bar inside the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort boasts the best of Spanish-influenced cuisine in a romantic setting. An open kitchen and wood-burning grill offer an up-close experience with all the culinary action, while the outdoor patio offers views of the nightly Disney fireworks.
- California Grill: Diners ascend to the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort discovering exquisite panoramic views of the shimmering lagoon, Floridian woodland, and Magic Kingdom fireworks over Cinderella Castle while enjoying global flavors prepared in deliciously inventive new ways. Insider Tip: Music is piped into the restaurant during the fireworks, and guests with reservations before the display can gain reentry with their receipt to view the show from the lounge or the observation deck.
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera: With sweeping rooftop views of sunsets and nightly fireworks, this Disney’s Riviera Resort restaurant – inspired by the cliffside eateries of France and Italy – serves an elegant combination of French and Italian cuisines and offers an impressive wine collection sourced from the Mediterranean coast.
- Disney Springs offers multiple opportunities to dine and sip at rooftop restaurants and lounges throughout the property. Coca-Cola Store’s rooftop bar offers soda enthusiasts the chance to sip on an array of cold, frozen, or specialty adult drinks and catch a glimpse of the display at Magic Kingdom Park. Paddlefish – the iconic paddleboat anchored at Disney Springs boasting an impressive menu of fresh seafood and savory steaks – offers a scenic glimpse from its rooftop bar.
FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATIONS
Visitors can enjoy electrifying fireworks displays with friends and family at multiple Fourth of July festivities taking place throughout Central Florida:
- Returning July 1, the Happily Ever After nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park and the Epcot Forever lagoon show will bring back the wonder of festive night skies to Orlando guests, just in time for Fourth of July! The Happily Ever After extravaganza features Cinderella Castle as the backdrop to lights and lasers, special effects, and surrounding awe-inspiring fireworks. Meanwhile, the Epcot Forever show transforms the World Showcase lagoon into a nighttime light show filled with dazzling fireworks and stunning laser effects.
- In addition to SeaWorld Orlando’s Electric Ocean (going on now through Sept. 6), park guests will have an opportunity to celebrate Fourth of July weekend with Ignite – an incredible display of fireworks, music, lights, and pyrotechnics that brings the brilliance of the sea to the sky above – followed by a patriotic fireworks finale before park close. Insider Tip: At Flamecraft Bar’s outdoor patio within the park guests can sip refreshing craft beer and cocktails while savoring small appetizers with a view to the park’s evening show this summer.
- A must-see for LEGO fans, Red, White & BOOM – happening July 3-4 at LEGOLAND Florida – is the only area display that magically transforms into bursts of LEGO bricks.
- Downtown Orlando’s Fireworks at the Fountain returns this year at Lake Eola for its 44th annual celebration. The event includes live entertainment; family fun; food and drinks; and spectacular celebratory fireworks.
- At Fun Spot America’s Independence Day Fireworks Celebration on July 3, visitors can enjoy fun rides and attractions throughout the park while viewing spectacular nighttime fireworks.
- Families can enjoy an entire day of fun during Old Town’s Red, White & Blue Weekend. From all-day “streetmosphere” entertainment to an afternoon Classic Car Show – visitors will end the day with an impressive display to top off their night.
To support the region’s tourism businesses, be sure to Like and Follow Central Florida Tourism Collective’s Facebook page, and enjoy a daily inside look at this wonderful destination.