Disney have got BIG plans for a multi-year transformation of Epcot center, with new experiences designed to “Wow!” guests while still keeping true to Uncle Walt’s original vision of the park. Here’s some more key details on more of what’s to come from Mickey’s official blog.
First-of-its-Kind Play Pavilion
The ongoing evolution of Epcot includes plans for a play pavilion that Disney claim is unlike anything you’ve ever seen at the park. This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life. The pavilion’s city will be bursting with interactive experiences, your favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities and engaging entertainment when it opens just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!
“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
New Park Entrance
There will also be exciting changes to the way you come and go at Epcot! Changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
As part of the new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.
New Experience Center
And if you’re as excited as we are about these upcoming projects, you’ll soon be able to look into the future with us at a new Experience Center coming to Epcot later this year. The Experience Center will be located in the Odyssey Events Pavilion and feature interactive exhibits to help visualize park projects throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.
Coming Soon To Epcot
- New Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
- Enjoy Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot musical scores, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
- Very cool space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
- Check out Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris.
- Enjoy new versions of the Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show.
- Foodies can’t wait for a new signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- ‘Be our guest’ at the “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France