No more ‘wuffing’ it in kennels for the family dog when you’re Disney bound. Beginning this month four Walt Disney World resort hotels, will each have a number of designated rooms that are dog-friendly.
However that still means that there are 20+ hotels at Walt Disney World that do not accommodate pets, along with all of the rooms in those 4 hotels that are not dog-friendly. The reaction online so far appears largely negative, even from some dog lovers – so are Disney barking up the wrong tree with this new pet friendly policy?
Below is each hotel’s per night/per room pet-cleaning rate:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort – $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort – $50/night
As of now, the official Disney sites say, “This dog-friendly option will be available to Guests with reservations October 15, 2017 through October 15, 2018” so, this is a year-long trial at this point. Of course, that is always subject to change at any time.
Below is a more detailed list of the rules for this trial run:
- Designated Rooms only in designated section of specific resorts
- Only dogs will be allowed in Guest rooms, and there is a limit of two dogs per Guest room.
- Guests are responsible for the proper care, behavior and waste maintenance of their dogs throughout the Resort.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and are not allowed on furniture in public areas.
- Dogs should be supervised at all times while staying on Resort property and should not be left unattended in your Guest room for more than 7 hours.
- Dogs should remain silent if left unattended in your Guest room. If noise is heard, you will be called to address the noise within 30 minutes.
- Please display the provided “Do Not Disturb” door hanger outside your room to alert Cast Members that dogs are present.
Housekeeping service in Guest rooms with dogs is only available when Guests are present. Please dial the Housekeeping button on your in-room telephone to schedule a cleaning time at your convenience.
- Please leash or restrain your dogs at all times while in public spaces on Resort property.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers, and other public Guest areas.
- Guests with dogs are allowed to use some Resort transportation services, including Disney’s Magical Express® and Minnie Van™. In order to use Resort transportation, dogs must remain in pet carriers for the duration of transit. All other Resort transportation and public transportation, including Walt Disney World® Monorails and Friendship Boats, are available to Guests with licensed service animals only.
- Dogs are not permitted in Theme Parks and Disney Springs®. Only licensed service animals are allowed in these Guest areas.
- Up-to-date vaccination records must be available upon request.