It’s called “The Great American Race” but it’s the race the entire world bears witness to. Because no race has the guaranteed power to elevate careers and change lives, generation after generation, like the DAYTONA 500 does.
It doesn’t matter if it’s from the driver’s seat or a grandstand seat – being a part of the DAYTONA 500 is the thrill of a lifetime. Witness history in the making - Dale Earnhardt is the all-time winning driver at Daytona International Speedway with 34 victories, but the biggest and most prestigious race at the “World Center of Racing” always eluded him. After 20 years of trying, Earnhardt finally captured the DAYTONA 500 in 1998. The DAYTONA 500 truly is the race of a lifetime for drivers and fans alike.
If there's one trophy a driver dreams of putting his hands on, it's the Harley J. Earl trophy. Named after Harley J. Earl, a famous General Motors designer, the Harley J. Earl Perpetual Trophy rests year-round at Daytona and can be viewed by guests taking a Track Tour. A replica is awarded to the DAYTONA 500 champion and weighs 54 pounds and has a black base with a scaled-down replica Firebird One, a car that Earl designed in 1954 at the peak of his career at General Motors.
The DAYTONA 500 attracts a star-studded lineup of guests from around the world, providing race fans in attendance with a truly unforgettable experience. Prior to the start of “The Great American Race,” race; experience the DAYTONA 500 Budweiser Pre-Race Show, a heart-pounding pre-race show that has featured performers such as Zac Brown Band, Lenny Kravitz, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi and Kelly Clarkson.
Guests will be provided with roundtrip guided transportation from a list of designated free pickup locations in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Disney, and Lake Buena Vista areas to the Daytona International Speedway. Once there they will receive all necessary tickets for the event and a way to get in contact with their tour guide if needed. The day tour lasts approximately 12 hours with the departure time being determined based upon the completion of the races.
This is the best way to watch the races! Our tour guests for the NASCAR races come back year after year to travel with us - the packages are highly recommended.
Departs Orlando area at approx. 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM (pick up times are dependent upon race start time)
Arrive at Daytona International Speedway approx. 10:30 AM – traffic dependent, could be earlier or later
Drop off back to the guest’s hotel following race finish or stoppage. We depart D.I.S. approx. 1 hour after race finish.
Please note, in cases of a race delay, Gray Line Buses are held at Daytona International Speedway until the race is officially called off by NASCAR officials. Buses are locked and closed down during this time to allow the drivers to be in an active 'off duty' status in case of long delays.
If race is called off due to weather, admission tickets will work on the next arranged date. Transportation back to Daytona International Speedway is charged at a discounted fee and can be reserved directly through your Gray Line Orlando guide.
DAYTONA SPEEDWAY ENTRANCE POLICY
GATE POLICIES - Fans are allowed to bring in their own food and beverages to every racing event.
All Fans are allowed to leave and re-enter by showing their valid ticket or credential.
Smoking areas are located inside the venue. Smoking is not allowed in the seating areas.
In order to provide everyone with a safe environment, the following policies will be in effect:
All items brought through any Venue Admission Gate will be subject to inspection.
UNOH Fanzone abides by these same policies.
Outside food, beverages, and soft-sided coolers are prohibited in any of the hospitality areas.
Daytona International Speedway is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
The following items are ALLOWED into the frontstretch seating areas:
One soft side bag or cooler, no larger than 14 x 14 x 14 inches
· Purses, camera cases, and diaper bags qualify as soft-sided bags.
· Coolers this size are typically branded to hold 24-36 cans of Coca-Cola or other beverages.
· Coolers may have a single wall removable plastic liner.
· Coolers may be packed with ice cubes or ice packs. Dry ice is not allowed.
· Coolers with wheels and telescopic handles within the 14x14x14 dimensions are allowed.
One lightweight backpack, cinch or duffle bag that is no larger than 17 inches in length.
· The item can be solid or clear.
· Backpacks with wheels and telescoping handles within the 17 inch dimensions are allowed.
Other ALLOWED items:
· Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets (these items may be worn over the neck, on the belt, in a bag or carried separately).
· iPads, tablets and laptop computers
· Factory-made Selfie Sticks
· Personal cups and thermoses (i.e. YETI, RTIC, Ozark, S'well).
· Seat cushions without metal components and carried separately are allowed (seat cushions with zippers or pockets will be reviewed on an individual basis).
· Blankets and additional clothing
· Bug spray, sunscreen, and sunblock in aerosol, gel, or liquid forms
· Service animals
· Cigarettes and lighters
· Strollers are allowed to enter the Admission Gates, but are NOT allowed into the seating areas (Stroller storage areas are located at Guest Services Booths inside the venue).
Flags are allowed, as long as they follow the guidelines:
· Flags may not obstruct another fan's view of the racing activities
· No flag poles; only Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick are allowed.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED and MAY NOT be left around any Admission Gates:
· Weapons (Firearms, knives, etc.) and all other items restricted by Local, State or Federal laws.
· Fireworks, laser pointers, noise makers, and air horns.
· Umbrellas, flag poles, brooms or any items of a similar description
· Homemade Selfie Sticks
· Hard-sided coolers (Styrofoam, plastic, metal, etc.)
· Any soft-sided bags or coolers larger than the allowed 14x14x14 inch dimensions
· Any backpacks, cinch bags, or duffle bags larger than the allowed 17 inches in length
· Glass or ceramic of any kind
· Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
· Illegal substances of any kind
· Seat cushions with metal components
· Collapsible chairs
· Drones - UAVs, RPAs, or UASs
· Frisbees, balloons, beach balls, or any other projectile
· Hoverboards, skateboards, roller skates or bicycles (lockable bike rack is located outside each admission gate).
· Clothing with obscenities or offensive language
· Dry Ice
· All other items may be refused after being deemed inappropriate or unsafe at the discretion of Daytona International Speedway management.
Any of the above items are subject to change without notice.
To expedite entrance into the facility, guests are encouraged to follow these procedures:
Arrive at the Gates as early as possible.
Have your bags open prior to inspection.
Bring your items in a clear bag to speed up the checking process.
Unauthorized Item Check-In
On major event days, information booths at designated Gates will check in and hold certain items until post-race. Weapons, Fireworks, and hard-sided bags/coolers will not be accepted for check-in.