DISCOVERY COVE SEAVENTURE
SeaVenture: Must be purchased with a Discovery Cove Day Resort or Dolphin Swim package.
The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where, while wearing a dive helmet, you’ll feel right at home under the sea. You don’t even have to have SCUBA certification. Find up-close excitement around every corner, each step yielding a new discovery. Easily climbing down a ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, you’ll come eye-to-eye with sharks through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic windows.
During the journey, you’ll experience one-on-one touches with unique animals, schools of fish and velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock and even touch unique sea life found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop. Some say it’s like walking on the moon but surrounded by fish.
Guests participating in SeaVenture must meet the following requirements:
* 10 years of age (guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a paying supervising companion)
* Should not consume alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to experiencing SeaVenture
* Should not fly within four hours of participating
* Certain physical and mental impairments or conditions make your participation in SeaVenture unadvisable.
Examples include but are not limited to:
Back or neck issues
History of health conditions
Respiratory problems (including asthma)
Mental impairments such as anxiety or phobias (especially claustrophobia)
SCUBA certification is not required
Should you have any questions about this, you should contact your doctor
Other important information regarding your adventure:
* SeaVenture operates every day and the whole experience lasts about an hour.
* The SeaVenture underwater walking tour element lasts 20-25 minutes.
* Arrive 10 minute prior to your SeaVenture time
* Please lock up all personal items prior to checking in
* Eyeglasses are permitted, but no sunglasses (Transitions lenses are acceptable)
* Guests must wear a short wetsuit during SeaVenture
* As in all of our animal areas, guests are not permitted to wear jewellery (wedding bands and watches are acceptable)