Busch Gardens is hidden gem – an easy one hour drive from Orlando’s main tourist areas the park is a combination of terrific animal encounters and a superb collection of white-knuckle thrill rides and caters to a whole variety of tastes and age groups.
Coming In 2019
Tigris, Florida’s tallest launch coaster is coming to Busch Gardens. An exhilarating array of loops twists & drops at more than 60 MPH. (NOW OPEN)
The park has put a new spin on family thrills with Cobra’s Curse a new multi-directional ‘spin coaster’. This one-of-a-kind metallic beast features a menacing 30,000-pound snake king icon and a 70-foot vertical lift takes riders within inches of its 3 foot-wide eyes and 4-foot-long fangs.- it’s a slithering good time guaranteed!
Rollercoaster buffs can also enjoy a topsy-turvy day pulling a few g’s on Kumba, while Montu is an equally fearsome Egyptian thriller that will scare the pyramids off you! On Cheetah Hunt the speed will literally take your breath away……..all three of these are simply first rate!
Take to the air on Falcon’s Fury the tallest thrill ride in the park that lets you swoop and dive like a plummeting bird of prey. Try the Congo River Rapids, an old favorite that seems to get wetter every time we ride it! SheiKra is a heart-stopping ‘dive coaster’ that swoops straight down at a mind-boggling 90 degrees and they’ve removed the floor so you can enjoy the full 70mph rush!
Jungala, set in the Congo area, is a 4-acre attraction inviting guests to discover exotic creatures (like our favorite – the white Bengal tigers) and explore a village hidden deep in the jungle. Connect with the inhabitants of the jungle with up-close animal interactions, and enjoy multi-story family play areas, rides, and live entertainment.
Edge of Africa
The very interesting Edge of Africa has some stylish animal habitats with hippopotami, hyenas, lions, and baboons while the Serengeti Safari Tour (an extra $20) takes you out onto the plains for an extremely close up look at giraffes, zebras, and rhinos.
The Trans Veldt Railroad also skirts the Serengeti and provides a good opportunity to rest those weary legs! Myombe Reserve is home to a group of endangered mountain gorillas – so human it’s scary and a source of constant wonder, so take some time and enjoy them.
Sesame Street® Safari of Fun®
Sesame Street Safari of Fun is aimed at introducing children to the wonderful world of animals in a fun setting that is guided by familiar Sesame Street characters like Elmo, Grover, Ernie, and Bert. The area is full of interactive stage shows, meet and greets, playgrounds and rides specially designed for children.
Busch Gardens Tickets
Our vacation planning website offers visitors the most popular discount Orlando Attraction Tickets. We are an official seller of Busch Gardens Tickets, Disney Tickets, Universal Tickets, Volcano Bay Tickets, SeaWorld Tickets, Kennedy Space Center Tickets, Legoland Tickets & cheap tickets to all other Orlando Parks and Attractions. We also offer discount ticket packages for groups and family reunions. Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions and Orlando Attractions Checklist by following this link.
What is QUICK QUEUE®?
Skip the lines once per ride at our most popular rides & roller coasters for one day. Not valid during Howl-O-Scream®.
What is QUICK QUEUE® UNLIMITED?
Skip the lines at our most popular rides & roller coasters as often as you would like for one day. Not valid during Howl-O-Scream®.
Busch Gardens Park Hours, Parking & Transportation
Nearly 5,000 spaces are available for vehicles. $20 – General parking for cars, motorcycles, trucks, recreation vehicles and campers (FREE for Annual Pass Members). $26 – Preferred parking ($13 for Annual Pass Members; FREE for Platinum Members). Preferred parking is subject to availability. Tour buses may park for free.
Opening and closing times vary by season. Hours are extended during holiday periods and summer evenings (May through Labor Day). Operating hours for rides vary from normal park operating hours. Check the official park hours and show times for details.
Busch Gardens Map
Busch Gardens is a 335-acre African-themed animal theme park located in the city of Tampa, Florida. The park includes 9 themed areas, 4 animal habitats and hosts many events throughout the year.
- Cobra’s Curse – a sizzling new spin on roller coasters (54″ height restriction)
- Congo River Rapids – yes, you will get wet but who cares!
- SheiKra – 90 degrees face down! (4’6″ height restriction)
- Cheetah Hunt – one heck of a ride!
- Falcon’s Fury – face down all the way!
- Kumba – it’s Swahili for ‘you must be nuts to ride this’! (4’6″ height restriction)
- Montu – your legs dangle in the breeze! (4’6″ height restriction)
- Myombe Reserve – Diane Fossey was right.
- Tigris – a 150-foot skyward surge an inverted heartline roll @ 60 mph.
- SheiKra – plunge from the sky from 200 feet up, 90° straight down!
- Lory Landing – literally a bird in the hand.
- Edge of Africa – budding zoologists will thoroughly enjoy this.
- Always worth the 60-minute drive from Orlando, and the perfect park to visit if you’re staying in St. Pete Beach or Clearwater.
- If you have kids and the mercury is rising rapidly then consider a couple of hours across the street at Adventure Island, Busch’s Water Park.
- Busch Gardens is part of the Orlando FlexTicket alliance and a sister park to SeaWorld and Aquatica – don’t pay full price on the gate at each park when you can get a 2 or 3 park combo ticket!