Universal’s original park remains a very full and entertaining day of movie rides and TV trivia. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley is the big draw this year. Anchored by the new high tech ‘Escape from Gringotts’ ride guests can immerse themselves in all things Potter before boarding the Hogwarts Express over to Islands of Adventure and the other ‘half’ of this exquisitely themed attraction.
Check out the new interactive wands for sale (of course!) that when waved near a variety of hot spots do all sorts of cool stuff – kids will lap it up! The fire-breathing dragon on top of Gringotts is quite the ‘hot’ new addition!
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem is your chance to get close up with everyone’s favorite villain Gru, his delightful daughters and of course those mischievous yellow Minions for a heartwarming and often hilarious ride.
Men in Black™ Alien Attack™ is very popular with kids who just love to shoot at aliens, though adults may get a little confused by the scoring system! Groups of adults should use the ‘singles’ line to try to avoid a wait. The new daytime must do is Universal’s Superstar Parade where you can meet evrtyone from Captain Americ to Dora and Diego! Smaller fans of the planet’s most popular purple dinosaur will be entranced by A Day In The Park With Barney™. Fievel’s Playland® in Woody Woodpecker’s KidZoneSM are also great places for the little ones to let loose and for you to take a breather. Pedal across the sky with E.T. Adventure® then head over to Animal Actors On Location® to see some amazing four legged feats while you rest yours a little more. Terminator 2: 3-D Battle Across Time™ puts you on the front line of an amazing cyber war. For some multidimensional fun that the kids will also enjoy, check out Shrek 4-D™. Showing several times a day in OgreVision, this film bridges the gap between the first two feature films, and stars all of your favorite characters.
See if you have what it takes in the extreme audience participation show Fear Factor Live (seasonal). Guests can sign up to compete in front of thousands by performing gravity-defying stunts and eating strange concoctions – just like on the popular TV show. The capper for any day at Universal Studios® has to be their dark and scary coaster Revenge of the MummySM The Ride. Trust us, you won’t want to let your fear of the dark, bugs or evil undead creatures keep you from lining up for this one!
And finally The Simpsons Ride is a chance to join Homer & the gang on a hilarious visit to KrustyLand a low budget themepark operated by you know who! Universal’s 100 Years of Movie Memories is a new multi media night time extravaganza where classic movie clips are projected on cutting edge water screens – a great way to end the evening!
- Diagon Alley - fire breathing dragons, goblins and butter beer ice cream!
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem - funny, frantic and small yellow people galore!
- Universal 360 – after dark the central lagoon is filled with movies, fireworks, and lasers. You have to see it to believe it (seasonal).
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit – choose your sound track and they capture it all on video for you to share with friends! (4’3″ Height restriction)
- Men In Black Alien Attack -a zapping good time!
- The Simpsons Ride – what a Krusty old time you’ll have, doh!
- E.T. Adventure - make sure you re-assure kids there’s a happy ending! (Small kids ride with an adult)
- A Day in the Park with Barney - the big purple hit machine just keeps on rolling. Watch their faces!
- Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride – even if you didn’t like the movies, you’ll love it.
- Shrek 4-D - very well done, even the pre-show is funny.
- Animal Actors On Location - very smart canines, felines, equines and a chance to sit down!
- Save yourself a wait by making Universal lunch or dinner reservations at the desk as you enter through Universal’s CityWalk.
- Universal Express may be worth purchasing just to beat the lines on busy days.
- The totally gruesome Halloween Horror Nights is definitely worth a visit if you come in the fall!
Location:1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando FL 32819
Telephone: (407) 363 8000
*The views and opinions expressed on these pages are entirely those of our editorial staff. This website is not endorsed by, authorized by, or affiliated with Universal Orlando Resort in any way. The policies and procedures described may change at any time without notice so OrlandoAttractions.com makes no warranties regarding the accuracy of any content contained herein.