Following in the very successful footsteps of the original in California comes this eclectic collection of top notch eateries, themed bars and exciting nightlife – all within minutes of the International Drive Resort Area. Parking after 6pm in the main Universal parking garage is free and there is never an admission charge to CityWalk® itself. Several of the nightclub venues though do charge a cover so you can choose just one or two or visit all of them with a CityWalk® Party Pass. (Make sure you carry a picture ID – no piccie no drinkie!) Stir it up over a nice cool RumRunner at Bob Marley – A Tribute to FreedomSM, a recreation of the Rasta masta’s house in Kingston. Race fans can get all revved up over the NASCAR Sports Grille – top off your fluids and grease! Sing for your supper over at Pat O’Briens™, fresh from New Orleans, with its famous flaming fountains and dueling piano bar. Super Chef Emeril Lagasse offers a 5 star dining experience at the aptly named Emeril’s™ Restaurant Orlando, or if you’d just prefer a ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’ then park yourself over at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville®. For shrimp every way you can imagine visit Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, inspired by the smash movie Forrest Gump.
Hard Rock Cafe® Orlando and Hard Rock Live® Orlando bring you great burgertainment and a slick concert venue with rocking acts performing weekly. If you want to do more than just watch a concert you can get into the act at CityWalk’s Rising Star where you are the lead singer, crooning your favorite hits, backed by the live house band. Movie buffs have a choice of 20 screens at the Universal Cineplex (all stadium seating) and basketball fans can slam-dunk some surprisingly good fare at NBA City. Mellow out on the balcony at the Red Coconut Club, Orlando’s newest nightclub and ultralounge, or for a faster pace The GrooveSM is where you’ll find all the latest dance music pounding away until 2am. Just down the street is the Latin Quarter®, testimony to the rapid crossover that’s taken place as great latino rhythms hit America’s mainstream. CityWalk® also has Orlando’s latest Vegas-style show, the eclectic Blue Man Group. Filled with great music, outrageous humor, and lots of toilet paper (you’ll see when you get there) you’re in for a fun night!
Entry into most CityWalk® venues is included with an Orlando FlexTicket or an Orlando FlexTicket Plus. UK guests may purchase a 2 Park ‘Bonus’ ticket which also gives unlimited admission for 14 days into most CityWalk® venues. For those looking for one night of club-hopping fun, a single day CityWalk Party PassSMis also available from Universal.
- Blue Man Group - they’re blue, they’re bald, they’re funny!
- Bob Marley – A Tribute To Freedom - very hard to sit still when things get going!
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville -great cocktails, good tunes loud shirts and good food (cover after 10pm)
- Universal Cineplex - beer & wine sales can make up for a bad movie!
- NBA City - has a great bar (upstairs) after a hard day in the parks!
- Hard Rock Live Orlando - most civilized venue in town for name acts.
- Hard Rock Cafe Orlando - one more town, one more T-shirt.
- The Groove - check out the very cool Blue Room (Cover – over 21)
- Pat O’Brien’s Orlando - if you enjoy a singalong go for it! (Cover for piano bar)
- Latin Quarter - Chips and salsa or salsa lessons! (Cover after 10pm)
- Emeril’s™ Restaurant Orlando - head straight for the banana crème pie! (Reservations essential)
- Cigar Smokers rejoice – a little known haven called Cigarz awaits with a very cool bar, a well-stocked humidor, and no crowds.
- If Emeril’s is full you can sit at the bar and order from the regular menu.
- Dance lessons for the rhythmically challenged are available at Latin Quarter.
- Location: 1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando FL 32819
- Telephone: (407) 363 8000