LEGOLAND Florida is the biggest Legoland Park ever! Situated on the site of the old ‘Cypress Gardens’ in Winter Haven it offers a unique mix of more than 50 rides, shows and attractions including some spectacular Lego models and other interactive family elements for everyone to enjoy together. A great day out for families and perfect for kids 3-10!
The much heralded World of Chima has recently opened, a new 3-acre area that has added 2 million lego bricks to the park’s existing 56 million! Here, you can battle for control of the planet’s ‘Chi’ in a fun interactive splash-battle water ride – there’s also a water play area, a 4-D movie, and surprise surprise a gift shop! All great fun and a chance to be a ‘hip’ parent for once.
The long awaited LEGOLAND water park is also now open and is a great way to end the day – there’s LOTS of kid-friendly rides and slides and a great wave pool! (A modest upgrade fee per person is required on top of general admission – time your day so you are the first in the main park, then mid afternoon when the Florida sun is cranking at full power you can call time and head over for some nice cool H2O)
The live shows are well done so check show times when you arrive. Pirates’ Cove is home to Legoland Florida’s very own water ski and stunt show, The Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty, which is very interactive and has some GREAT ski stunts.
On the Aquazone Wave Racers riders zip in and out of waves as they dodge water blasters on this dual water carousel ride. Feel the power of acceleration, braking and really tight turns as you race a life-size Lego technic vehicle along a wild roller coaster track.
Coastersaurus is a old fashioned wooden coaster that curves and dips around a prehistoric jungle of animated and life-sized Lego brick dinosaurs – despite it’s small scale its a great ride! Lost Kingdom Adventure is a fun Egyptian themed dark ride that invites guests to fire laser blasters at targets while attempting to find forgotten treasure – now that’s multi-tasking! The Dragon is an unusual indoor/outdoor steel roller coaster that features a surprising behind-the-scenes view of life in a lego castle!
- Funtown – Get a firsthand look at how LEGO bricks are made from factory to finish!
- Miniland USA – Check out seven specially themed areas representing major cities in the USA
- Duplo Village - Toddlers can fly a plane, drive a car or explore a whole town !
- Castle Hill - A Medieval land where spells are cast and knights, damsels and dragons are found.
- Xtreme – Race a life-size LEGO TECHNIC vehicle along a wild roller coaster track..
- Imagination Zone – Build a LEGO car and test it against the competition on the digitally timed track.
- Pirates Cove – The park’s very own live-action water stunt show.
- Land of Adventure – Adventurers of all ages explore hidden tombs and hunt for treasure.
- The Big Store – one of the biggest retail LEGO stores in the world.
- LEGOLAND Water Park – fling yourself down tons of slides into a fab wavepool to end a great day.
- World Of Chima – this is ‘the bomb’ according to my 9 year old son!
- The botanical gardens are quite beautiful so allow enough time to enjoy them as well as all the great rides.
- The Water Park requires a nominal add on fee so allow at least a couple of hours to enjoy it – it’s well worth a visit.
- Location: One LEGOLAND Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884
Telephone: 863-318- LEGO (5346) or Toll Free at 877-350-LEGO (5346)